As some of you may know or may not know...Facebook has changed their privacy terms (Link below). I am not in favor and I do not want to subject Autumn to facial recognition, Facebook profiling, and corporate data mining. I will not be deleting my facebook for two reasons....one to keep in touch with family and friends...and two for events and groups.
I will not posting any photos of Autumn anymore....or any photos for that matter. I have deleted all my fbook albums and all tagged pictures of Autumn. I kindly ask that you please do not post anymore photos of Autumn.
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/data_mine_1/2013/09/facebook_privacy_and_kids_don_t_post_photos_of_your_kids_online.html?wpsrc=upworthy
For those who want updates on Autumn and our lives I have created this blog :)
I will try my best to keep this blog updated with new pictures and text.
for now
-Maggie
.jpg)
If just a few more people would stand up to them, they'd change. I think it's sad that they keep repeatedly changing the way they do things, without giving us the option to opt out. The reason I "left" (greatly reduced my use, including uploading massive volumes of pics for family/friends) was similar. Last January, I was really upset because even if a friend would take an innocent snapshot of me at the zoo, say, and post it to her account and tag me, FB would extract both the time/date and GPS info from it and place a pin point on a map on MY profile!!! Which is just evil. If someone notices I'm at the Philadelphia zoo and my friend posted it on a Thursday, then people can figure it out themselves, but the whole world shouldn't be able to automatically trace my every step by all the photos anyone decides to post. That is just insane. They should have only asked for "opt in", not "automatic" for this an all these other things they're doing. It's crazy.
ReplyDelete